Welcome to Your Group Benefits Plan
The information posted on this web site is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute a contract or legal or other professional advice. It is accurate and up-to-date at the time of posting. If any discrepancies exist between this website material and the official plan text, the plan text and applicable legislation will govern in all cases. Maritime Resident Doctors reserves the right to review the employee benefits program and to modify, amend, discontinue, and/or make exceptions to the program without prior notice. All information is subject to change.
This section of the Maritime Resident Doctors website has been specifically designed with your needs in mind, providing easy access to the information you need about the benefits to which you are entitled.
Group benefits are important, not only for the financial assistance they provide, but for the security they provide for you and your family, especially in the case of unforeseen needs.
If you have any questions about your available coverage, submitting claims or general benefits questions, please reach out to our Canada Life Group Customer Contact Line available from Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Please have your plan 178635 and ID number (last 6 digits of Dalhousie ID number) with you when calling: 1-800-957-9777.
Submitting Claims to Canada Life
Please ensure you have registered for your My Canada Life at Work member account.
Next, ensure that you have setup your banking information for your base plan, Healthcare Spending Account and Taxable Wellness Spending Account.
If you do not see all of your dependents listed on our site, please use the ‘contact us’ function and send us their names and dates of birth so we may add them onto your profile.
Direct Billing (Provider eclaims)
Many of your paramedical, vision, dental and pharmacy providers will be able to direct bill your claims to Canada Life! This will process claims for you and your dependents under your base plan.
There may be an out of pocket expense. For example, for any prescription drugs, there is a 20% deductible to a maximum of $25 per prescription. These should be submitted to your spousal plan (if applicable). Any remaining amounts can be applied toward your HealthCare Spending Account. These amounts can be submitted online, see below information for Fast Track Claims.
Fast track option:
You can submit online claims through our mobile app to be processed under your base plan and Healthcare Spending Account at the same time.
- Select ‘Make a claim’
- Select ‘Start online claim’
- Select the account where they would like the claim processed
- Follow the prompts. Receipts must be attached.
- Claims submitted this way will appear in the ‘Online Claims’ section of the ‘Claims History’ page on our website.
Paper claim/upload document:
If you do not see an option to submit your expense as a fast track claim, we may need additional information to process and would need a completed claim form for these expenses. Not available on our mobile app.
- Select ‘Make a claim’
- Select ‘Start other claim’
- Complete the appropriate claim form. Claimants can complete the PDF online and save it to their device or they can print, complete and then upload the completed form to their device.
- Select the appropriate category
- Attach the completed claim form and receipts
- A confirmation screen will appear to confirm that the request was successfully submitted. These claims or estimates will not appear in the 'Online Claims' section of the 'Claim history' page on our website.
- If your claim has already been assessed under the base plan, and you are just trying to submit the balance toward your Healthcare Spending Account, you would just choose this account to submit the balance.
Leanne Bryan, Maritime Resident Doctors Benefits Administrator, 902-404-3595 or by email: Leanne@mardocs.ca
Canada Life Customer Service: or visit My Canada Life at work.