NEW BRUNSWICK MEDICAL SOCIETY (NBMS)
The New Brunswick Medical Society (NBMS) congratulates you on finishing your residency in the Maritimes. Your next step is choosing where to practice and the NBMS can guide you through learning about vacancies.
The NBMS represents all New Brunswick physicians in the negotiation of reasonable compensation and other beneﬁts with the provincial government and to the public and media on other relevant issues. We offer a variety of programs designed to support our members in their continuing professional development and in their daily lives, including continuing medical education, a wellness program for physicians and their families, and a compassionate Parental Leave program that enables families to spend time together. For more information CLICK HERE.
New Brunswick is the province to grow your medical career.
Being part of a small medical community helps you feel connected to colleagues and encourages collaborative care. Teaching and research opportunities for medical students are at your fingertips.
If you’re a family physician, you will appreciate the NBMS’ Family Medicine New Brunswick program which offers a team-based, collaborative model for delivering primary care and improving the work-life balance of physicians. For more information CLICK HERE.
The government of New Brunswick offers several recruitment incentives for physicians ranging in value up to $100,000.
Why New Brunswick you ask?
- A 2018 Conference Board of Canada study found New Brunswick has the best quality of life in Canada.
- New Brunswick has a rich heritage of Aboriginal, Anglophone and Francophone communities and welcomes immigrants from all around the world. New Brunswick is the only official bilingual province, offering English and French education in the public school system.
- The Bay of Fundy region is home to exceptional tidal changes plus billion-year-old coastlines. Extraordinary hiking and biking trails, kayaking, swimming, rappelling, and horseback riding are at your doorstep.
- New Brunswick is a nature lover’s dream with 80% of the province covered with evergreen forest, offering natural beauty and endless adventure. And there are beaches, lakes, and parks in every corner of the province.
- The average home price in New Brunswick is $296,700 versus the national average of $711,316.
- Commuting will take you a fraction of the time as it does in larger cities. In 2016, the average commute in New Brunswick was 18.9 minutes, compared to 26.2 nationally.
- New Brunswick is home to five universities including two satellite medical schools: Dalhousie Medicine New Brunswick and Centre de formation médicale du Nouveau-Brunswick plus two networks of community colleges and several private colleges.
And that’s just a few reasons why New Brunswick could be right for you. Check our currently opportunities, by CLICKING HERE.