Employee and Family Assistance Program
Maritime Resident Doctors has partnered with LifeWorks to provide an Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) to all residents and your immediate family members*. The EFAP is a confidential and voluntary support service that can help you find solutions to all kinds of challenges you may be faced with, at no cost to you. As a resident, you have 24/7 access to self-guided resources, as well as support over the phone and online. If you prefer to meet with a counselling professional in person, appointments can also be arranged.
As part of your EFAP, you have access to resources and trained professionals that can offer support in many of the following ways and more:
- Well-Being: Help with managing stress, depression, anxiety, anger, life transitions and crisis situations.
- Relationships and Family: Separation and divorce, relationship conflict, parenting, elder care and blended family issues.
- Legal Advice: Separation and divorce, custody and child support, wills and estate planning, civil litigation.
- Financial Guidance: Credit and debt management, budgeting, bankruptcy, financial emergencies.
- Workplace Challenges: Work-life balance, conflict, bullying and harassment, career planning.
- Improve Nutrition: Weight management, boost energy and resilience, manage high cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes.
If you would like to connect with a counsellor, you can call LifeWorks 24/7/365 at 1-800-387-4765 for immediate, confidential help. Identify yourself as a Maritime Resident Doctors member or family member.
To take advantage of the online resources such as e-counselling, instant chat, or to simply view the many articles, visit www.workhealthlife.com. You can access these services and resources on the website by registering; simply click the "Register" link and follow the steps to complete the registration.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Leanne Bryan at 902-404-3594 or Leanne@mardocs.ca for more information.
*Immediate family members as defined by your group benefits plan.